Friday, July 15, 2016

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #202

This week's challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare features Close To My Heart's wide array of browns, and we are challenging you to combine Colonial White and any 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or all 6 of the following CTMH Browns: Cocoa, Chocolate, Saddle, Cashmere, Champagne and Desert Sand.



I decided to make a coffee-themed card with this week's colors in mind. I cut the coffee cup from the Artistry Cricut Cartridge at 2 1/2". I also added Kraft Cardstock for the cup holder and Black Cardstock for the lid, because I wanted to stay true to the coffee cup colors. :-D I stamped the strips of the following cardstock: Colonial White, Saddle and Cocoa with coffee cups using Chocolate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad. I added a sequin from Sequins Gold Assortment for the tag that was cut at 1 3/4" using Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge. The images are from the Treats Of Friendship stamp set.



For more design team inspiration and to join our challenge, please visit us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

6 comments:

  1. Nice card! Love how you did the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever! I'm not a coffee drinker so I didn't think of it before, but the colors work perfectly with the coffee/latte idea! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background and the coffee cup :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the Coffee Blog Hop every season and never thought of coffee for the browns...great card and love how you got all, I think, the colors in there. Great contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Peachy! This card is perfect for the Color Dare Browns challenge. I love the stamped background and Artistry coffee cup on top--great theme throughout the card. Thanks for inspiring me this week.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Brown for coffee! Your card is scrumptious. Only chocolate would make it better (mmm...mocha :).

    ReplyDelete