Friday, February 12, 2016

Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #180

Love is in the air! This week, we are featuring the color red at Color My Heart Color Dare with this week's color combination:



This week is even made more special because we are partnering with Heart To Heart. Their challenge theme is “Share the Love”. You can use something with hearts, or use the stamp set from the February Constant Campaign which is also aptly named, "Share The Love". I was sharing some love and happy thoughts when I made these Ruby Cardstock gift envelopes. They measure 6"x5" and can hold an A2 card, and little gifts like chocolate, tea, and embellishments. I made my own template for them, and used the Thumb Notch Punch, so the goodies can easily be accessed. I added Pomegranate Cardstock panels to both envelopes which I punched with Scallop Border Punch, and striped paper from La Vie En Rose. I also added some Black and Red Shimmer Trim, a rose from Yuletide Carol Assortment, Red Enamel Hearts, and a Black Striped Twill Ribbon.





Lucky participants to BOTH blog challenges will also get a chance for a prize drawing, so come on over to Color My Heart Color Dare and Heart To Heart and join the fun! Winners will be announced on February 19, so make sure you include the link for both blogs in your entry. :-)

9 comments:

  1. Great projects! I Love all the layers of different papers and shimmer trim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used all reds because sometimes variations of red are hard to work with; but your gift card is stunning, and all the right embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you used all reds because sometimes variations of red are hard to work with; but your gift card is stunning, and all the right embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of all three reds! You really have a fabulous look on both envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These envelopes are great! I love the use of that special rose on the first one. Whoever gets it must be special indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little "pouches"--so beautiful but yet practical too. You did a great job of embellishing both of these. Thanks for creating such special things for the Color Dare blog!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little "pouches"--so beautiful but yet practical too. You did a great job of embellishing both of these. Thanks for creating such special things for the Color Dare blog!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute idea and such bold colours! Love it :) Thanks for sharing your idea with us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both are great but I really love the second one with the ribbon and how it plays off the paper, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H)!

    Brandi R
    DT member H2H
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete